Terms & Conditions
Your YELLO driving instructor will refer you to these Terms and Conditions.
Having ongoing lessons shows your understanding of them AND your agreement with them.
- The Pupil certifies that (i) medically they are deemed fit to drive and (ii) a valid suitable driving licence is held to drive. Pupils must inform their instructor if they receive any endorsements on their licence during the period in which they are receiving tuition.
- In the event of mechanical breakdown or other difficulty outside the control of the Instructor, the Instructor reserves the right to rearrange lessons at short notice.
- A minimum of 48 hours notice is required to be given to the Instructor by the Pupil to cancel a lesson. If the Pupil fails to give such notice then the Pupil will be liable to pay the full lesson fee. (If a block of lessons has been purchased, the School will count the missed lesson as one of the block)
- Lessons can be of variable duration but most are 1.5 hrs (90 minutes). If for any reason (outside of the Instructors control) it is not possible to give full duration instruction, lost time will be added to later lessons.
- Any fee paid to the DVSA for the driving test fee does not include the use of the car for the purpose of the test nor any prior instruction.
- Payment for each lesson should be made prior to the lesson. Yello Driving School reserves the right to increase the price of lessons with reasonable prior notification to the Pupil. Any blocks of lessons (bought and paid for) will be honoured at the former prices.
- Legal Liability – The pupil should be aware that the Instructors primary objective is to promote road safety and in doing so he/she may need to take control of the vehicle. The Instructor will make every effort to instruct the Pupil to the highest standards but can’t be held liable for any errors that the Pupil may make whilst driving and not accompanied by the instructor before during or after a test pass.
- The Instructor will try to teach the Pupil the correct driving skills according to the recommended syllabus issued by the DVSA within the minimum number of lessons required.
- Driving Tests – should only be booked with the prior agreement of the Instructor. The Instructor reserves the absolute right to withhold the use of his/her vehicle for a driving test. He/she will usually do so – and is required by the DVSA to do so – where in their professional opinion a pupil is not at the required (test) standard. Mock tests can be carried out (at the pupils request) at any time to see if they are near that standard. A pupil is always at liberty to go for test, but, will require the use of their own car to do so if (in the opinion of the Instructor) they are not likely to pass the test.